With the scorching hot days of summer behind us, doesn’t a fall camping trip sound wonderful? Crisp autumn air, bonfires, the soft crunch of fallen leaves underfoot, the golden glow of an early sunset, perfect hiking weather, s’mores, we could go on and on with reasons to bring your family and friends together for an unforgettable fall camping adventure!
5 Reasons to Go Camping in the Fall
1. Fall Foliage - East Tennessee is one of the most beautiful places to view nature's artistry.
2. Weather - Warm afternoons and cool evenings make perfect camping weather.
3. Affordable Rates - Many campgrounds offer lower rates and/or discounts in the fall.
4. Less Bugs - with summer gone, bugs are much less of a nuisance in the fall.
5. Fewer people - Campgrounds tend to be less crowded in the fall, making for a very peaceful trip.
Whether you camp in the comfort of an RV or camper, prefer to rough it in a tent, or would rather stay in a cabin, Anderson County has a terrific camping spot for you. Check out these great locations:
Camping options close to Norris Lake:
Camping options close to the mountains:
The campgrounds close to the mountains are located at or within minutes of Windrock Park, the largest, privately owned OHV park in the country. With 72,000 acres of beautiful scenery and over 300 miles of trails, campers can rent or bring their own OHV and have the time of their life!
Camping in town close to attractions:
While you're camping in Anderson County, be sure to visit our event calendar to find out what's happening.