When the family gets together for the holidays, it’s the perfect time to plan a reunion for next year!
And here in Anderson County, Tennessee, we have great options that include fun for all ages and are easy on the budget!
Top 10 reasons to have your next family reunion in Anderson County, Tennessee:
- Anderson County, Tennessee is located within a day’s drive of 75% of the U.S. population;
- Located on I-75, 30 miles south of the Kentucky/Tennessee state line and 15 minutes north of Knoxville, Tennessee;
- And easy to get around once you’re here with attractions located close to lodging… no lines, no crowds!
Cool places to stay at Norris Dam State Park!
- Rustic cabins with screened porches, a porch swing & Adirondack chairs around a fire pit;
- Hiking, swimming, tennis, canoeing and fly fishing on the Clinch River – lessons and guides available!
- Bluegrass music & evening outdoor concerts;
Play on the water at Norris Lake!
- Lakefront condos, homes or houseboats on the water;
- Pontoon boats, ski boats, wake boats, water trikes, SUP boards and kayaks available for rent;
- Great fishing!
Fun in the mountains at Windrock Park!
- Mountain top cabins, RV park or camping;
- 72,000 acres to explore in the Cumberland Mountains;
- Bring your own ATV or rent a side by side;
- Downhill mountain bike course, and beginner’s course with lessons from a Pro!
Great camping at Anderson County Park!
- Campsites for RV’s, tents and group camping on the shores of Norris Lake;
- Shaded campsites with swimming area, boat launch, playground and group picnic shelters;
- Close to area attractions but close to Nature too!
Stroll, eat and shop in Downtown Clinton!
- Hoskins Drug Store with original 1940’s soda fountain – delicious cheeseburgers & old fashioned milk shakes!
- Antique shopping, Johnson & Co. General Store, and Clinton Comics, Cards and Collectibles for the kids!
- Rowing, kayaking, paddle boarding on Melton Hill Lake;
- Biking on the greenway along the river;
- Sign up for a group “ropes” course at the Life Development Center;
- Learn about the “Secret City” and the Manhattan Project National Historical Park;
Remember the Past!
- American Museum of Science and Energy;
- Children’s Museum;
- Green McAdoo Cultural Center, civil rights museum;
- Museum of Appalachia;
- Lenoir Museum Complex;
- Coal Creek Miners Museum;
- Shop for steaks and craft beers at Archer’s Food Center in Norris;
- Lunch at Museum of Appalachia with bluegrass music!
- Casseroles to go at Perkadeli’s in Clinton;
- Great breakfast at Golden Girl’s Restaurant with your own room in the back;
- Get the gang together for pizza night at the legendary local spot, Big Ed’s Pizza;
- Dine outside on the river at Calhoun’s in Oak Ridge;
- Order some bbq to go with all the fixings at Coal Creek Smokehouse BBQ in Rocky Top;
Arts & Crafts:
- Sign up for a class in pottery or painting at the Appalachian Arts Craft Center!
- Shop for local made items at the Museum of Appalachia, the Appalachian Arts Craft Center and theLocally Grown Gallery;
- Visit the Earth’s Core shop with rock and mineral specimens for collectors and beading materials for jewelry making;
- And for a different kind of “arts and craft”, visit Pamela Anne’s Fudge, Candy & Gifts in Oliver Springs for fresh, delicious fudge made right here in Anderson County, Tennessee and shipped all over the U.S.!
Visit andersoncounty.wpengine.com for more ideas and information or call the Anderson County Tourism Council at 865-457-4547 and we’ll be glad to help you plan your trip!