There are many reasons to consider Anderson County, Tennessee as a retirement destination. Anderson County is the place to call home if you want to explore the outdoors, discover American heritage and history or just relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery. Among the many things to do and the beautiful scenery of East Tennessee there are many reasons Anderson County is also a smart retirement destination. To make it easy, we’ve compiled a list of the Top 5 Reasons to Retire in Anderson County, Tennessee.
- Taxes – Tennessee has no state income tax. That means no state income tax on social security benefits, withdrawals from IRAs and 401(k)s, and payouts from pensions. Tennessee also has some of the lowest property taxes in the country.
- Cost of Living – Compared to the rest of the country, Anderson County’s cost of living is 18.50% lower than the U.S. average. Residential electric rates are 22% below the national average. Transferring out of state title, obtain plate and registration =$36.50 and renewal = $27.00 per year.
- Real Estate – Diverse housing options are available in Anderson County. Whether you prefer a home close to the city, a cabin on the river or have always longed for lakefront condo, Anderson County has something for everyone and every budget. The median home price in Anderson County $168,154.
- Climate – On average, there are 207 sunny days per year in Anderson County, TN. Snowfall averages are only 7 inches per year. Anderson County experiences 4 true seasons each year, so it is easy to stay active outdoors and enjoy the beauty of East Tennessee.
- Healthcare – Healthcare costs are 8% below the national average. There are 16 award winning regional medical centers within 20 miles of Anderson County. All of which provide the region with world-renowned specialties and services.
To find out more about our beautiful area, visit www.movetoandersoncounty.com.