Anderson County is the place to call home if you want to explore the outdoors, discover American heritage and history or just relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery! From the beautiful rural countryside to picturesque mountain settings, from eclectic cosmopolitan cities to small “Mayberry” like living, Anderson County’s diversity is appealing to anyone who visits and is enticed to stay.
Anderson County has adventure with its lakes, rivers and mountains as well as history and culture with its museums, antique districts and concerts. There is plenty to explore or Anderson County can be a hub that you can venture out from. Our great location on Interstate 75 and Interstate 40, seventeen miles north of Knoxville make for a short drive to Nashville, Chattanooga, Asheville and Atlanta.
The quality living in Anderson County is ideal with low taxes and utilities, diverse housing options, a moderate climate and many civic organizations! Methodist Medical Center offers quality care with over 175 physicians, 30 medical and surgical specialties and a 301 bed facility.
- In the State of Tennessee retirement funds or pensions are not taxed by the state and there is not a state income tax.
- Additionally, Tennessee has the 14th lowest property tax rates out of the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- Anderson County has four moderate seasons.
- Bankrate.com names Tennessee number one best state to retire in affordability!
- U.S. News Media & World Report ranks Methodist Medical Center of Oak Ridge a top hospital for Cardiac and Heart Surgery in their Best Hospitals rankings for 2021.
- Anderson County School District is rated in the Top Ten Best School Districts in the Knoxville Area by niche.com.
- Anderson County has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Tennessee according to publicschoolreview. com.
5 Places to Visit within 50 Miles of Anderson County
TOP 5 THINGS TO DO TO GET TO KNOW ANDERSON COUNTY, TENNESSEE
WEEKEND GETAWAY AND RETIREMENT PLANNING
5 WAYS TO STAY ACTIVE IN ANDERSON COUNTY DURING RETIREMENT
TOP 5 REASONS TO RETIRE IN ANDERSON COUNTY, TENNESSEE
Top 5 Places Retirees Can Volunteer in Anderson County
LIVE, WORK AND PLAY IN ANDERSON COUNTY
Tennessee Residents can get a Free Education
Get to Know the Real Estate Market in Anderson County